Model Question paper. kuhs.ac in Kerala University for Health Sciences: pharmacognosy b. Pharm
Title: Kerala University University of medical sciences
Degree: B. Pharm
Theme name: pharmacognosy
Document type: Model Question paper
Web site: kuhs.ac.in
Download model/sample question paper:
September 2015: HTTP://pdfquestion.in/uploads/kuhs.ac.in...rmacognosy
% 20-% 20I.pdf
August 2015: HTTP://pdfquestion.in/uploads/kuhs.ac.in...OGNOSY.pdf
March 2015: HTTP://pdfquestion.in/uploads/kuhs.ac.in...rmacognosy
% 20-% 20I.pdf
July 2015: HTTP://pdfquestion.in/uploads/kuhs.ac.in...OGNOSY.pdf
April 2016: HTTP://pdfquestion.in/uploads/kuhs.ac.in...ognosy.pdf
First year b. Pharm Degree Examination-September 2015
Total: 100 Marks
Answer all questions. :
Write equations where necessary. :
Essay: (3 Ã— 10 = 30)
1. identify the essential oils and classify them. Describe common methods of extraction of essential oils from plants.
2. define pharmacognosy. Explain the history and scope of pharmacognosy.
3. Explain in detail the chemical and pharmacological classification of medicinal raw materials with examples.
Short comments: (14 Ã— 5 = 70)
4. list all five important symbols to identify the nightshade family and mention the names of the two plants in this family.
5. natural colors used in pharmaceuticals.
6. the reference to source components and the use of castor oil and shark liver oil.
7. FarmakognostiÄeskoe by honey.
8. determine the carbohydrates. The mention of chemical tests to determine the starch.
9. Briefly explain the essential oil, which contains the drug.
10. Morphological classification of medicinal raw materials.
11. determine pitch and add a note on Hing.
12. Differentiate between pale catechu and black catechu.
14. Pharmacognostic cotton used as a fiber at the pharmacy.
15. Explain the different types of soils used in the cultivation of medicinal plants.
16. Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia.
17. List the source components, method of preparation and use of flaxseed oil.